Lodge History

My photo
Pine Portage Lodge located on Kabinakagami Lake, Watson's Algoma Vacations year round Reservation office 1-800-363-4443 is located in Wawa, Ontario, Canada
In 1941 at the age of 18 Dick Watson Sr. joined the R.C.A.F. and went to serve his country. After four years of flying fighter planes and being shot down three times, he returned home in 1945 as a war hero. It was at this time that he decided to fulfill his dreams of starting a tourism business on Kabinakagami Lake using his military earnings. Dick and his wife Edna married in 1946 and together they began to build their future at Pine Portage Lodge.

Friday, August 28, 2009

WHAT A LAUGH WE HAD!!!!!!!!





Ron and Cathie Hegbloom came to visit with us in mid August. They are such great people and a lot of laughs. Cathie helped me waitress at dinner time and even helped with clearing the tables, when I told her "you don't have to do that "her reply was"I feel like family here so I like to help".
Ron helped to he um..........no he really did help he um............I'll think of something, I am sure he did help I think he um.............OH I KNOW WHAT HE DID HE BROUGHT THE SPOON TO THE KITCHEN SINK. What would we do without him.
Really guys you are the best and I enjoyed it completely. We will see you both on the road and next year at the Lodge with the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment